Lounger
    Thanks

deploying signature to the organization (Outlook 2002 / SP2)

Dear all,

I would like to deploy a standard Outlook signature to my users and make it active. I understand I could run a login script to copy the new signature to the users proflie (%Userprofile%Application DataMicrosoftSignature). We have some german installation where the folder Application Data is called Anwendungsdaten. Does a variable exist for this folder? Second I would run a reg file to to make this signature active in the Outlook client. Where is this registry entry located? I couldn't find it. The user would then have a chance to change some variables like user name, title and phone extension. We do not use disclaimer, since those are added at the outgoing smtp server.

What do you think? Would this be a practical way to force my users for a new signature format. Are there any other option available to introduce a new signature to my users.

Regards
    Edy

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: deploying signature to the organization (Outlo

I caught your post just before heading away for several days. I can tell you that the Registry entry for Anwendungsdaten is exactly the same as it would be for an English language version. That is, the entire Registry remains in English in both the German/Germany and German/Austria versions of Windows. Others may be able to pitch in on your other points. HTH
    Gre