New Lounger
    Talladega, Alabama, USA

Installing XP Service Pack 2 (XP Home)

Concerning the article I read today in "Woody's WINDOWS Watch". There was mention of an uninstallation folder.

Quote: "The service pack, as it currently stands, weighs in at about 275 megabytes and you'll need around 800M of free disk space to install it -- appreciably more if you want to create an uninstallation folder, which is a must." Unquote.

I'm not familiar with this procedure. When I uninstall something it just gets deleted, or that part of the disc is tagged to be written over, right?
    How do you have something uninstalled to a folder? The way the article is written, it is a must do, but I don't know how to.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Installing XP Service Pack 2 (XP Home)

Please note that WWW says
    <hr>... Microsoft has issued Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2, aka XP SP2 RC2.

RC2 is the last release before the final 'gold' version hits the streets. If you're anxious to get a preview of SP2, this is a good version to try ...<hr>
    The version released now is NOT the definitive version, it is still a beta version. Unless you want to see what SP2 will be like, I would wait until after the definitive version has been released:
    <hr>The prudent course is to wait a few weeks after the final public release of SP2<hr>
    If you have enough disk space, Windows will automatically create a folder containing the information needed to uninstall SP2 should you wish to do so.