Thread: Clip Art

mrook

Clip Art

My clip art is gone! When I try to insert clip art into any Microsoft product on my computer, the clip art icon is grayed out and it says it cannot find the file where it is located. Yet when I go to Microsoft Explorer, the clip art is there under Program Files, Microsoft Office, Clip Art (all on C. I have checked the location of the files within the different Microsoft Products, and the location matches where the clip art is. What has happened?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clip Art

Chances are the new normal will also take care of this for you.
    Karen

mrook

Thank you, Karen.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Another thing to look at: go into Tools/Options/File Locations, and check that the Location setting there for Clipart Pictures is pointing to the correct place.

mrook

[img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    Hello again. I am still not able to get my clip art working in Word 97. I have checked the location of the clip art files, etc., by going to Tools/Options/etc. and it is pointing to the correct location. I have tried deleting the old Normal.dot and also reinstalling Word 97. Part of the problem, I think, is that the clip art icon is missing from the menu bar and from the pull-down menu. I have tried going to Tools/Customize, and adding it to the toolbar and it appears that it is there when I do this, but when I exit out of that box, and go to Insert/Picture/Clip Art, it is grayed out. I can get to my clip art by going to Insert/Picture/From File but I can't see them nor do I get the usual clip art boxes from which to choose a clip art. When I go to PowerPoint 97 and try to insert a picture, the clip art icon is on the pull down menu, but I get a message that says the server application, source file or item can't be found and that I should reinstall the server. Can you help? Sorry this is so long.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Hi,

I'm afraid my knowhow on this one doesn't extend too far.[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] Hopefully someone else will have a better answer.

In the meantime, have a look at this prior thread about a similar problem - don't know if they're related though.

Gary