5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

showing the record number (XP,2000)

I am trying to show the record number in a text box on a form - not sure if this is possible as I have tried to use an unbound textbox with the ControlSource property set to =[CurrentRecord]. I have also tried a couple of other things but I always get a #ERROR in my text box instead of the appropriate record number. I need this for display only as I am trying to simulate line numbers or item numbers on a continuous subform.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: showing the record number (XP,2000)

See MSKB article ACC2000: How to Display Line Numbers on Subform Records for a method to display line numbers on a continuous (sub)form.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. Question though, I am currently using the line below as the Control Source for an unbound text box in my navigational cluster to show record X of Y. Why doesn't it work in any text box? As I mentioned, using =[CurrentRecord] results in an error.

="Record " & [CurrentRecord] & " of " & RecordSet.RecordCount

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know why you get #Error. I get "Record 1 of 37" where 37 is the number of records, but this is not very useful, since this same text is displayed in ALL records of the continuous (sub)form. This is because there is only one set of controls on a continuous form. Only controls displaying (expressions based on) fields from the record source vary from record to record. That is why you need a technique such as the one described in the MSKB article I referred to.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

okay, I finally get it. Thanks for your patience.