Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Object Moved (6.028)

    I have been getting an occasional error message lately when I click on some IE links. It reads:

    Object Moved
    This document may be found <here>

    This used to be a problem several versions ago. Is it back? Anyone else seeing this?

  2. #2
    Uranium Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    7,089
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    Can you provide a sample link? It may not necessarily be IE that is the problem, but the error handler on the web server.
    -Mark

  3. #3
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    It can be any link on the IE page; there is nothing specific. Sometime all I have to do is go "Back" and click the link again and it'll work fine. Sometimes I can do that 3 or 4 times and it'll continue giving the error message. Most of the time the same links work fine. I estimate that about 10% of the time I experience this. It seems to have started shortly after I uploaded the latest MS security patch for XP. I don't know if there is a connection however.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator jscher2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Silicon Valley, USA
    Posts
    23,112
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 93 Times in 89 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    The browser normally will automatically handle this kind of redirection, based on the code returned by the web server in the HTTP Headers (more info here). However, either as a security measure or due to a glitch, it's possible that the browser is not automatically implementing the redirection, and instead you get the "do it yourself" page with a link.

    I'll be curious to see if we get more reports on this as people install last week's "emergency" IE update.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    12,560
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    I have been running this update on 4 machines since it was released and have seen NO problems.

    Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

  6. #6
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    Yeah, this is not a major problem. I was more curious than anything else to see if other people were experiencing this. The other curious thing was that this used to be a problen with IE back around ver. 3.0. I figure that I'll wait for SP-1 to come out before I do anything. That is also suppose to fix the Outlook e-mail problem I have with getting multiple copies of received e-mails. Thanks for your replies.

  7. #7
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    I have a strong feeling that this is related to the "Object Moved" problem.
    http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-5253112.html?tag=nl

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    23,592
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    IE 6.0 SP-1 has been out a long time. If you are running XP do you mean SP-2 (due out this summer)?

    Joe
    Joe

  9. #9
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    Yes, SP-2 for XP - which incidentally, is now being delayed. Well since no one else has seen this "problem," I must assume that it is related to a setup on my computer and not a real problem.

  10. #10
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    23,592
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    A thread in the MS IE newsgroup suggests a trojan. Have you run an A/V scan & Spyware/trojan scan? You can also run this Google search for more information to check out.

    Joe
    Joe

  11. #11
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    Thanks Joe for the suggestion. I was 99% sure that the "problem" had nothing to do with a virus or a Trojan, but per your suggestion I ran another AV scan (Norton) and ran AdAware and SpyBot. Nothing noted. Also since this only seems to occur at peak server load times, and then only some of the time, I tend to think that it is some kind of a script reading error.

  12. #12
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Mentor, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    I'm catching up on a few weeks of posts. This one got my attention. I've been experiencing the same thing for several months, both at home and at work. And the only thing in common between the two locations is that both are SBC DSL. This occurs when we go to the My.MSN page (both home and work use separate MSN passports). I've sent comments to MSN, they say they are working on it. Maybe so because it does not seem to happen as often.

  13. #13
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Object Moved (6.028)

    Hmmmm, I'm also on SBC DSL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •