Star Lounger
    Thanks

on/off line help (office pro 2003 11.nn)

I Need to have F1/help default to Offline search - not online search. Yes, Need, not want, my sanity is in jeopardy and I really do need to have at least One MS item I control <g>. Yes, I type the keyword/go/immediately hit the dropdown/select offline search(help)/ then I get the help I was looking for. If you read this far, also, how to Permanently turn off the clipboard popup. Options seems to turn off only during the one instance of whatever component I am in at the time. Next instance, again I Need to turn off .....same old song...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: on/off line help (office pro 2003 11.nn)

1/ To stop connecting to online help
    Select "Help>Customer Feedback Options..."
    Click on "Online Content" for the options to change the options to check online

2/ To stop the clipboard automatically appearing, when the clipboard taskpane is displayed click the "Options" button at the bottom of the taskpane. You can then turn off the option to "Show office clipboard automatically". I also have "Show office clipboard when Ctrl+C pressed twice" turned off and "Collect without showing office clipboard" turned on. This combination works for me, are you saying that it keeps on resetting these options?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

FWIW a solution to this is to have a freeware firewall. This stops the relevant Office application from accessing the Internet - unless you have given it permission.

I use Sygate Personal Firewall - see the Security Board on the Lounge for more details as to your choices. Using Microsoft's firewall in WinXP does not help as it can't be configured in the same way.

HTH
    Gre

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tanx for da reply. I tried the outlook settings, unchecked all odem. Too nice! I will play with the boxes til I get what I want <yeah!>. As to the clipboard, yes I turned off show...auto..., and collect w/o ... I will try ^C when I (unfortunately) get the popup to appear next time, but the other two have not stopped the popup. And, thanks to all the repliers.