Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem Saving Code (Access 2002 SP3)

I'm having a problem when I try to save a form after I have changed the code behind the form. The problem occurs intermittently and on various computers.

I get the Microsoft box saying it has encountered an error and needs to close. When I reopen the db, it functions normally but, of course, the changes to the code are not there.

The database size is only 7.5 MB.

Thanks in advance,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem Saving Code (Access 2002 SP3)

1. Make a backup copy of the database, just in case.
    2. In the Visual Basic Editor, select Debug | Compile <project>. If you get error messages, try to solve these before continuing.
    3. In Access, select Tools | Database Utilities | Compact and Repair Database. You should do this regularly; you can also set Compact on Close in the General tab of Tools | Options...
    4. If the problems persist, try decompiling the database. See <post#=44732>post 44732</post#> and subsequent posts in the same thread for instructions. Follow the decompile by a compile and compact/repair (steps 2 and 3 above.)
    5. You can also import all database objects into a new, blank database. Don't forget to set the startup options, and VBA references if you need them.