Results 1 to 2 of 2
2004-07-07, 18:57 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2004
- White Oak, Pennsylvania, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problem Saving Code (Access 2002 SP3)
I'm having a problem when I try to save a form after I have changed the code behind the form. The problem occurs intermittently and on various computers.
I get the Microsoft box saying it has encountered an error and needs to close. When I reopen the db, it functions normally but, of course, the changes to the code are not there.
The database size is only 7.5 MB.
Thanks in advance,
2004-07-07, 19:12 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Re: Problem Saving Code (Access 2002 SP3)
1. Make a backup copy of the database, just in case.
2. In the Visual Basic Editor, select Debug | Compile <project>. If you get error messages, try to solve these before continuing.
3. In Access, select Tools | Database Utilities | Compact and Repair Database. You should do this regularly; you can also set Compact on Close in the General tab of Tools | Options...
4. If the problems persist, try decompiling the database. See <post#=44732>post 44732</post#> and subsequent posts in the same thread for instructions. Follow the decompile by a compile and compact/repair (steps 2 and 3 above.)
5. You can also import all database objects into a new, blank database. Don't forget to set the startup options, and VBA references if you need them.