Thread: photoshop 6

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

photoshop 6

I have installed PhotoShop 7. Now I'd like to uninstall PhotoShop 6. Not in "Add Remove....", not in Set Up or Autorun choices. The uninstall files are in the installed folder but I don't know how to run them. Help or directions to help please.

Andy

Thanks

Re: photoshop 6

Andy ~

If you installed 7 to the default location, then you have installed it over the top of 6. You cannot nor is there any need to uninstall 6 as 7 uses most of the same files. You may ignore the uninstall folders.

For more info, please see Photoshop Support & Knowledge Base.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Afraid I did it in reverse order: first PShop 7 installed, then PShop 6 (don't ask). They are in separate folders. I could dump PS 7 through "Add remove..." and restall in the PS 6 folder. But my itch is to know why I just can't use the uninstall files in PS 6 to do their job. Your references to PShop support turned out to be too complicated for the simple task of uninstalling PS 6.
    Are you curious too?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As I said, it's been awhile, so I don't know if PS is one of the intelligent apps that will install multiple versions independently of one another in the registry. Have you tried executing both versions and do they run successfully? The fact that 6 doesn't show in Add/Remove makes me nervous, but if you've got an "itch" there's only one way to scratch it. You could try running "something" in the uninstall directory, but I don't know what. MAYBE the worst that would happen would be a re-install of version 7 might be necessary. Have you got a recent backup, just in case?