New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 97 and Headers that do not print (1.0)

We use Word 97 (don't laugh). We have a user that has a document that contains letterhead information in the header. While she can see this information from her monitor, it does not print out to her printer. This appears to actually impact any of her document's that have header information (e.g., internally created fax cover sheets with letterhead, external letters with letterhead in the header). Finally, she is able to successfully print these documents to other printers. What throws us for a loop is the fact that other people can print header information to this same "bad" printer. Any recommendations? Thank you in advance.

Thanks

Re: Word 97 and Headers that do not print (1.0)

Someone else with Word 97 reported similar difficulties last year. Does this thread help?

MS Word Headers (Office 97)

If not, what is the source of the letterhead information? Is it an INCLUDEPICTURE field that dynamically pulls the information from a server? If so, there could be a problem with the field not updating for some reason.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I am not sure the thread relates directly. To answer your question, the letterhead is created by a program called MacPac. Essentially it is a GUI-based form/template creator. Since the user has the same problem with external letters (with headers), it just seems as if some option in Word is corrupted, not checked, etc. ...As to the thread you pointed me to, I will see if those options have any relation.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MacPac is a beautiful collection of templates and styles for the legal industry that I've used extensively and it is most likely not the problem.

This user's printer driver is probably incorrect. Since this user can print headers to other printers, check the printer driver settings and compare with another user who can successfully print to the problem printer.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Is your header a picture or graphic? If so, do other pictures or graphics print?

In Word, under "Tools....Options....Print tab" the draft output should be unchecked and the drawing objects should be checked.

Maybe this helps. Good Luck. J. Till

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I would check the page setup for that printer to make sure the user is printing to the same paper size as is actually loaded.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks

This actually did the trick. Thanks for the information.