New Lounger
    Thanks

Deleting extra pages in Word 2002 document (Word 2002)

I am using Word 2002 and recently while writing a document I realized that I needed to insert a cover sheet in front of the first page of the document so I created a new page at the end of the document thinking that I could move it in front of the first page. But I found out that I could not do this. While attempting to figure out a way of doing this, I inadvertently created 3 extra pages at the end of my document which I did not want and tried to delete them by pressing the 'delete-key' to get rid of them. However, this did not work and I was not able to find an answer in the Word help section. Does anybody know how to delete extra pages from a word document?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Deleting extra pages in Word 2002 document (Word 2002)

The "extra" pages at the end of the document must have something on them...either text, graphics or a paragraph mark.
    1. Switch to normal view (View/Normal).
    2. Turn on show/hide by clicking on the backwards paragraph mark on the Standard toolbar.
    3. Place the cursor at the end of the document by pressing Ctrl+End. Then press the backspace key until the pages are gone. Note: if you've created the pages by creating a New Page section break, you'll have to use the delete key.
    4. Press Ctrl+Home to place the cursor at the beginning of the document.
    5. Press either Ctrl+Enter to create a page break (so you have a blank page at the beginning) or press Insert/Break/Next Page to create a section break with a blank page at the beginning.
    Cheers,

Thanks

Re: Deleting extra pages in Word 2002 document (Word 2002)

To ignore your question and comment on your original objective: If you insert a new page section break at the beginning of the document (Insert>Break>[Section] New Page), and then go into the Section 2 headers and footers and uncheck Link to Previous on the Header/Footer toolbar, you can create a differently-formatted first section without too much aggravation. (Sounds like something that could be recorded as a macro. Hmmm.)