5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Footnote problem (2002)

For some reason, in the attached document, footnotes appear as regular text, e.g., they aren't superscripted, aren't smaller in size, etc.

How do I get Word to create normal footnotes again? I'd appreciate the steps to do, instead of actually doing it, because the problem actually pertains to a much larger document.

The problem does not pertain to my default template, but only to this document (whose text I deleted).

Many thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Footnote problem (2002)

Hi Jon:
    The problem is that your footnote reference style in your document does not include the attribute of superscript. Perhaps you somehow changed it. To change it back, there are a few options:
    1. If you have a template with the appropriate Footnote Reference style, simply use the Organizer to copy the style from the template to the document.
    2. If the attached template has the appropriate Footnote Reference style, AND no other document style is deliberately different from the template, opent the doc & choose Tools/Template & add-ins/Automatically update document styles. Then close & open the document & the style will be changed. Then go back & UNcheck the option!!!
    3. Select any footnote reference in the doc, press Ctrl+Shift+= to make it superscript. Click inside the stylebox on the formatting toolbar & press Enter. Answer "yes" to the question of whether you want to update the style.
    Cheers,

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Footnote problem (2002)

Thanks Phil. Very helpful.