Lounger
    Thanks

Spreadsheet looks hidden

I have a user who uses a spreadsheet every day. For the last few weeks when she opens it, the spreadsheet is grayed out, almost like it is hidden. Field contents show up in both the Name Box and the Formula Bar, and if you press Tab or the arrow keys the cursor changes to different fields. If we open another spreadsheet and leave the problem spreadsheet open, then switch to the problem spreadsheet, the sheet appears fine!?!? This file is on a NetWare 5.1 server and doesn't exhibit this behavior on any other computer. I un-installed Office 2000 and installed Office 2000 SP1 and it didn't help. My next option appears to be un-install, Eraser2000, regclean and re-install, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas first. Thanks for any ideas.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spreadsheet looks hidden

Tom,

It is a strange problem, and I assume that it has nothing to do with rows and/or columns being hidden. Before doing a Un-install/Re-install you might try copying the data to a new worksbook and see if the problem persists in the new book. You could also try resetting the Excel registry entries by running the following command excel /regserver from the Start, Run menu.

Hopefully one of those can help you avoid re-installing

Andrew C

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spreadsheet looks hidden

Andrew,
    I tried the excel /regserver and it fixed it so far. After installing SP1 the problem became inconsistent, but hopefully that will take care of it.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Tom