New Lounger
    Thanks

calling contacts with a router

When I was on a standard dialup for the internet and a simple peer to peer network I was abler to use Outlook to dial the telephone numbers of my contacts (Actions - call contact - start call) so i avoided having to manually key long phone numbers
    Since upgrading to a more sophisticated system with ADSL enabled Internet access through a router this no longer works because Outlook tries to dial out on the ADSL line so I cannot hear anything through the telephone handset.
    Surely there must be a way to continue to use Outlook to dial out for me - or have I lost that ability by putting in the router? - anyone solved this problem or am I the only one that is too lazy to dial my own phone numbers :-)

Thanks

Re: calling contacts with a router

Considering that one of the supposed benefits of a DSL connection is that you don't lose your phone line to your Internet connection, there must be a way to do this. However, I have no idea what it might be. Maybe the service provider has a FAQ on this? Maybe under "how to send faxes" (same idea, really)?