Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Anyone highly skilled in Outlook Web Access (OWA)? (It's on my ISP, so ?)

For Incoming messages, these are held on the ISP's Mail Server, and can be viewed using OWA from a web browser "anywhere", or downloaded to my own PC and viewed with Outlook Express.

However, for Outgoing messages, I can compose and send them, either on my own PC in Outlook Express, or using OWA in a web browser. The messages held in my Sent queue differ, depending on where I composed them. On Outlook Express my Sent queue holds only those sent from the PC; in OWA my sent queue contains only those I send using OWA.

It seems unlikely that those messages composed and sent on OWA will be "downloaded" back to my PC, but I'm a bit surprised that those sent from the PC don't appear in the Sent queue of OWA (because the Incoming messages appear in its Inbox!).

Does anyone think that this is what is supposed to happen, or is there a way that I can get Sent messages to appear more prevalent?

It goes without saying that my ISP's Technical Support does not appear to have a clue what I'm talking about...!

Thanks!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Anyone highly skilled in Outlook Web Access (OWA)? (It's on my ISP, so

By OWA, do you mean your ISP's web mail interface or do you mean the interface that enables you to log on to your employer's Exchange Server while you are out of the office?

If the former,have you tried moving the contents of your Sent Mail folder to your Inbox. They should then be downloaded automatically to your home machine when you next log on.

If the latter, then this is probably an Exchange Server issue at your employer's. Check with your IT department as to why you cannot see the folder when you log on in the office.

HTH
    Gre

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

No, this is purely at the ISP Mail Servers!

If using OWA I move the contents of my Sent mail to my Inbox on the ISP's Mail Servers, then, yes, they can then be downloaded into my Outlook Express Inbox -- but how do I then determine which messages to move to my Outlook Express Sent mail?? I was hoping for a rather more elegant solution...!

John

PS In fact on OWA I tried moving a message from Sent Items to Inbox. It disappeared from Sent Items, but didn't appear in the Inbox!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

It seems that webmail integration with POP3 is still in the teething stages. I suggest that you may need some kind of Rule to mark your downloaded Sent Mails as read and move them to your OE Sent folder.

OWA seems to be a mixture of terms. OWA = Outlook Web Access = proprietary Microsoft software that works only with Exchange Server. What you are describing seems to be a generic IMAP ("webmail") interface.

Most IMAP interfaces seem to have choices between Move and Copy. If you are losing mail, then try first Copying and then going back to Sent Items and deleting.

HTH
    Gre