4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bulk emails (XP)

I have created a database of companies that participate in my school's Work Experience project. Two of the reports that I have generated are in the form of letters to the companies giving details of pupil information and dates and times in line with the original user requirements. There are about 200 participating companies and about 350 pupils involved. I have been asked, in the interest of saving a small rainforest each year, to provide a means whereby the companies are emailed the letters rather than by snail mail. How is this done from within Access, if indeed it is possible?
    Is there a better way?
    TIA.
    <font color=blue><font face="Script MT Bold"><big>Rob</big></font face=script></font color=blue>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bulk emails (XP)

Are the letters created by mail merge in Word, or are they Access reports?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

They are Access reports, Hans.
    <font color=blue><font face="Script MT Bold"><big>Rob</big></font face=script></font color=blue>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Check out <post#=275460>post 275460</post#> for an approach using SendObject, and the thread starting at <post#=218831>post 218831</post#> for an approach using Automation to control Outlook from Access. Post back if you have questions, or need specific help.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think the SendObject approach will suit my needs better. I may need to get back to you at a later date.
    Thanks.