Joanna

Defining new print styles for contacts?

I've setup new forms in my Contacts list containing all sorts of marketing history details etc. One of my new fields contains long strings of text. I use Customise Current View to add my new user defined fields to the Address Card View for viewing on screen.

When i try to print using the styles provided: Memo Style, Card Style, whatever, my long text field is truncated.
    How can I define new print styles?

Many thanks

--jo

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Defining new print styles for contacts?

how long is the text in the field?

Joanna

It's a history of marketing approaches, so it's going to get longer and longer eg "Called Tuesday left message. Sent xmas card Wednesday, ra ra ra"

If I print Memo Style the entire field is printed, but I get the big black user name plus black line at the top of every entry. This is very irritating.

I'd like to either make my own complete print style, or be able to edit the Memo Style to get rid of my own name at the top of every page.

Does this make sense?
    Thanks for replying.
    --jo

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

can you use those fields in a merge to word? outlook won't let you do much with printing. [img]/w3timages/icons/sad.gif[/img]

take a look at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm there might be a utility to help. check out he rest of the site too - she might have some information on her contacts page.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

problaby should have been more clear - her user issues contacts pages. http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm