New Lounger
    Thanks

PowerPoint 2002 - Group Pictures (2002 SP2)

We are using PowerPoint 2002 in a Citrix environment. The operating system is Windows XP.

The problem I am having is grouping a clipart picture and text box together. The clipart picture is on screen, I draw the text box on top, type in my details, hold down the Control key, highlight both items, right click, select Grouping and then try and Group, but none of the grouping options are available. However, if I paste both items into Word, I can group them together. I just wondered what had changed in PowerPoint 2002 that doesn't allow this to happen. I can't remember have the same problems in 97. If you need any more details just let me know.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PowerPoint 2002 - Group Pictures (2002 SP2)

You cannot group the title placeholder or text placeholder(s) that are present on most slides with drawing objects; the placeholders don't act as drawing objects. However, if you insert a text box from the Drawing toolbar or using Insert | Text Box, you can group it with other drawing objects.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

What Hans said.

Another option is to copy the placeholder and delete the original. You can group the copy with other items.

(It was the same in previous versions, too.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much to the both of you for your prompt responses. I thought that clicking on the clipart icon on the text placeholder was the same as using the clipart from the Insert Clipart Task Pane. They both look like drawing objects. I didn't realise that it was the placeholder that made the difference.

Regards,
    Teresa

New Lounger
    Thanks

See thread above.

Regards,
    Teresa.