4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

DVD software and DVD's

We purchased a Sony DVD writer a while back and if we use Sony +RW it works with no problems. This is where my problem starts. Management does not want us to use a +RW as the client might erase the data by accident.

So we started to use +R and -R DVD's using Roxio, Nero and Sony's software. We used Maxcell, Imation, Verbatim and none of them worked. Now I have been told to try DVD's from all the different manuacture's and to test different softwares. Does anybody now if there is such an animal as a Test package of different DVDs? I sure hate to purchase a 10 pak of the different ones.

This problem has been on going for the past 4 weeks and I have assigned the task of finind something that will work. I just wish they had brougt me in from the first so I could do real testing and not just trying different ways like they have.

I guess this is not a real question but just my way to letting off steam. Thanks for listening.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: DVD software and DVD's

Personally, since it's a Sony drive I would try using Sony-branded DVDs.

If they don't work, then you can argue with some enthusiasm with a Sony Techie!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: DVD software and DVD's

Are there DVD drives 1X or 4X types?

My wife's Sony laptop would NOT burn the OS to the 4x or higher blank CDs and DVDs, she had to use 1X. But she can burn any data to the 4x blank R type. We do NOT use RW's.

Now on my Sony desktop I could burn the OS to the 4X blanks and any data.

Which Sony DVD burner do you have?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.