4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

copy 1 worksheet to another

I am using Excel 97. I have a spreadsheet that has the columns at different sizes and rows at different hights. Is there anyway I can copy/duplicate the worksheet from one page to another and keep all the formats?

Thanks

Re: copy 1 worksheet to another

Hi,
    You can use Edit-Move or Copy Sheet (or right-click on the sheet tab) to copy a worksheet within a workbook or to another workbook.
    Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

There are a number of approaches you could use. Firstly you could just create a copy of the sheet by going to Edit, Move or Copy Sheet, and make sure the create a copy checkbox is ticked. You might want to rename the sheet after doing that. You could also just select the whole sheet (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then go to another sheet and paste. If you just want the formats copied, use Paste Special, Formats.

Andrew C

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If you copy the entire column, the column width will be taken to where the column is pasted. If you copy the entire row, then the row height will be pasted into the new row. If you copy the entire sheet, then widths and heights will go to the new worksheet. You can also write VBA code to set the row height and column width based on any cell.
    Legare Coleman