2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2003 installation - requires Internet? (2003)

I'm thinking about getting a new PC which would come with Worksuite 2004 (whatever that is). I had planned to purchase Office 2003 separately because I can get it for less money than if it came bundled with the PC.
    However, I've heard that Office 2003 introduces an activation scheme which requires the Interent. Is there a legal way to install to a PC not connected to the Internet? Alternatively, is there a way to install on a PC with an Internet connection without going to the Internet?
    TIA
    Mark

Thanks

Re: Office 2003 installation - requires Internet? (2003)

In Office XP and 2003, activation can be done automatically through the Internet or by telephone. More information: Product Activation Overview.

As for Works Suite, if you don't care what you're getting, try to get the WordPerfect suite. You might not use it very often, but occasionally you can be a hero and open WordPerfect files for people. (Also, you won't have to deal with potential conflicts between the Word in Works and the Word in Office.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2003 installation - requires Internet? (2003)

Thanks very much for the suggestion about Works, especially re conflict between Word in Office and Word in Works.

Thanks also for the link to the Activation key.

Mark