5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Today misbehaviour (2000 SP3)

I've begun seeing some misbehaviour in the way Outlook Today displays calendar events. I track my co-workers' vacations on my calendar so they will be displayed on OT. Currently there is one person on vacation all of this week, and another who will be on vacation all of next week. Oddly though, OT is showing both as "Today | Multi-day event". I've deleted the one for next week and re-entered it, to have the same mistake show up. I launch Outlook using the /cleanreminders switch to force it to rebuild its reminder lists. What else might fix this?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Today misbehaviour (2000 SP3)

David, under "Customize Outlook Today", what is the value under "Show this number of days in my calendar". By virtue of the number of days selected under that option, If the last day which is active ends in the period when the next employees' Multi-day All Day Event starts, I would expect the behavior you see.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I keep the calendar set for 7 days, so I would expect next week's vacation to be listed under the Calendar items. However, it still seems wrong that an event that starts next week is shown as a 'Today' item.

All the Windows and Outlook patches over the years have locked me out of making any changes by using 'Customize Outlook Today ...' -- though I know there is a registry setting that can be tripped to allow access again. I'm wondering if this behaviour could be corrected by making changes to the display settings...?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

David, my money would be on "no" as the answer to your question. I'm sure that if you leave the setting at 7 days, "Today" is going to show you Today and the next 6 days, including any task or event that starts wuiothin that period. If you only want 'Today', you need to set it 1 day.

Pretty sure that if your search this forum you'll find the problem and registry fix to customizing outlook Today.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS