2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

copy db to another location (Acc 2K)

Greetings,

I took a new position to maintain a database, which is already in production. The database is split as front end/back end database where the table (be) on the server and the (fe) forms, queries, etc distributed users machine. My question is two fold:

1. I was trying to copy the database onto a CD or Flash drive so I can take it home to make some changes. Do I need to delete the link so that both the fe and the be will be in the CD, or do I just need to go to the path in the cod and change it there?
    When I open the Log in form in design mode and go to cod, I see the following:

Set dbs

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: copy db to another location (Acc 2K)

The path for linked tables is hard coded. When you move the backend to a different location, either because you are taking the database to your home, or because it migrates to a different server, you will have to update all the links. You can do this using Tools | Database Utilities | Linked Table Manager.
    All code referring to the location will have to be changed too. The best way to do this is to define a public constant in a standard module, and use this constant in the rest of the code instead of the literal value. For example, in a standard module:

Public Const cstrDbName = "bhha_fsVol1appsfolder namedb name.mdb"

and elsewhere:

Set dbs = OpenDatabase(cstrDbName)