Thread: Extra Speakers

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Extra Speakers

A friend has bought a new DELL computer. She has the computer in her kitchen/dining area. She likes to listen to an on-line radio station and would like to listen to it in her bedroom. The bedroom would be about 25 feet from the computer. Can she run speaker wire that far and have an extra set of speakers - or could she disconnect the "main" set of speakers and temporarily connect the bedroom speakers when she wanted. Would she need an amplifier?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Extra Speakers

With speaker cable being relatively cheap she could try it. But buy really good wire and borrow a pair of speakers.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I've never tried this with a computer, so I don't know what the max distance is. How about a pair of wireless speakers? I've got a set I've had for many years and I occasionally use them out in the courtyard which is about 20-30 feet from where the stereo is in our family room. I realize it's more of an investment than plain old wire, but if this person really like to have the capability, it might be worth it.

Thanks

trebor,
    You can buy a mono speaker extension cable witha male & female jack plug on it, try it out. I would disconnect the main speakers and adjust the volume up at the Sound & Audio Devices in Control Panel. Really depends on the sound volume you want at the remote end. Won't hurt to try.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!