RonTacchi

Using Word for Bridge Hands

This is my first visit to the lounge, so please bear with me if I make elementary errors. What I wish to do is within a Word document (I use Windows 2000 and Office 2000) is to be able to input a set of four bridge hands and have them formatted pefectly. I am not looking for the answer (but if someone has done it all well and good) but guidance as to where I should start and where to answer the 1001 questions that will inevitably arise. What should happen is that one keys in 13 cards for the North hand, then the West hand, then East and finally South. Ideally one would check that no card is missing or duplicated, it would automatically notice whether one was keying in English or French (I'm English but live in France) i.e. would allow A K Q J for English and A R D V for French, would also handle 10 for the ten and not try and format it, additionally it should change font for this operation and put the original font afterwards. I expect this is a fairly taxing operation for a first timer into the bowels of Word. It would also be useful to have the facility to output a file of the four hands in a rather convoluted format known as PBN (Portable Bridge Notation).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Ron Tacchi

Thanks

Re: Using Word for Bridge Hands

I am sure you know about these sites already, but just in case you don't:
    The <A target="_blank" HREF=http://iaehv.nl/users/veugent/pbn.html>PBN Homepage</A> has a link to:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.icon.fi/~10a8/>Kaj G Backas</A> who offers a Word97 doc.
    Hopefully you may find something useful there.