Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adding Print dialog box to Menu (XP/SP2)

I am creating a custom menu which is fairly limited compared to the default Access menu, but I would like users to be able to pull up a Print dialog box from the menu so, for example, they can selected which pages of a report to print. When I add the Print function to the menu I get only the ability to print the entire document with a single click. Is there a way I can make the Print dialog box available?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adding Print dialog box to Menu (XP/SP2)

Copy the Print... item from the File menu to your custom menu (if you drag with the Ctrl key held down, you will copy rather than move the item)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have a custom menu that has the Print... option on the menu. However when you click on Print, the report prints automatically to the default printer. Trying your suggestion, this behavior did not change. I believe this may have been the same problem the original author is having. This is occurring on Access 2K.

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Make absolutely sure that you haven't copied the Print option from the toolbar instead of from the File menu. It has worked for me in Access 97 and it works now in Access 2002; I can hardly believe that it wouldn't work in Access 2000.

I have attached a database in Access 2000 format with a custom menu bar. The single menu has only one option. What does it do if you select it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ah, now I see the error of my ways. I was trying to add the item from the custom toolbar selections, not from the existing menu.

Works great now.

Thanks.