Thanks

Login Names (SP-1)

I changed my user name from C.W. Billow to CWBillow. If I go to the Users in CPanel, there is only CWBillow (preferred)... but I can log in as either CWBillow or C.W. Billow (initially the registered User name). Why are there two names available?

What do I do to get rid of the unwanted version? And, of course, make sure all relevant files get transferred, since all the files are still under Documents and SettingsC.W. Billow?

Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks

Re: Login Names (SP-1)

Changing your name does not create a new account, but appears to simply give you an alias:
    MSKB 283111 - Logon Name Does Not Match Name in Task Manager or Under Documents and Settings Folder

You may find the answer to fixing your 'dual identity' there, otherwise it may be simpler to create a new user with the preferred name/login and transfer the settings:
    MSKB 811151 - How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile

Thanks

Re: Login Names (SP-1)

Leif:

Took a little twisting, but thanks... I deleted the old after transferring relevant files, and all seems ok NOW.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"