4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Excel Opens Without Worksheets (2003)

When I installed Office 2003 I used my personal.xls and Excel10.xlb from Office XP to keep all my macros and settings. I renamed my backed up copy of Excel10.xlb, Excel11.xlb. My setting in Tools, Options is for 1 worksheet as the default number of sheets in a workbook. All is well except for one minor thing - when I open Excel it opens without any worksheets. Then if I select File, New, Blank Workbook, Excel opens a workbook with one sheet. Is this how it is supposed to be?

TIA
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Opens Without Worksheets (2003)

This usually happens when you have a file other than Personal.xls in your XLSTART folder (or in the alternative startup location, as specified in Tools | Options..., General tab). The .xlb file should go into Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftExcel and Personal.xls into Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftExcelXLSTART.

You might move Excel11.xlb to another folder, My Documents for example, and open (double click) it; that should load its contents; Excel should then automatically create a new .xlb file in the appropriate folder.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Opens Without Worksheets (2003)

Hans,
    That did the trick. I did have the files in the right place but something must have got mucked up. After moving the xlb file, opening Excel created the new one. Then I recopied my file back over it and all is well.

Thanks.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>