2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create New Journal Entry with new call (2003)

When I click on "call contact" and the New Call window appears, the check box in "Create New Journal entry with new call" is checked, most of the time. I'm not sure, but it seems that the box is only checked with contacts that have been recently entered. At any rate, I'd like to set the default to have the box unchecked. Anyone know how and/or where I need to go to affect that change?

Thanks

Re: Create New Journal Entry with new call (2003)

I opened the All Fields tab and the All Contact fields list and found an item called "Journal" which can be set to Yes or No. Does this correspond to the behavior you're seeing??

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That checks out but I'm still stuck with finding a way to have the default be No instead of Yes.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't use Journaling, but see if this does the trick (try it on a sample basis): under the menu Tools | Options | Journal Options | For these Contacts: UNcheck the Contacts for whom you want the default be No, OK out.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This helped, but I still can't figure out what causes some records to have a default "Yes". I took your suggestion a step further and set my View to Phone List, found Journal in the All Contact group within Field Chooser and added Journal to the Phone List View. Then by sorting that column I was able to see all the records with Journal checked and un-checked them. Sure would like to know why those ######s get set to yes.

At any rate, now I know how to fix them after the fact which is alot farther along than I was before. Thanks to all.

Ken