4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Survey Form (XP)

Hi, i downloaded a form smaple from a website to better understand how to create mail forms and have come across a problem. I open the .oft file, and publish it to my folder, this is fine. The thing is when i send it to myself WITHOUT sending the form definition with the form it works fine. This is because the form is installed on my machine no doubt.

When i send it to a colleague WITHOUT the form definition, understandably the form does not display correctly, with only a text representation of the information contained. However if I publish the form to send the form definition with the form, and send it to my colleague WITH the form definition, the form although displays correctly loses all functionality [img]/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif[/img]

I have read about forms being 'one-offed' and am not quite sure if this is what happened, or do i need to check 'use form for reply' in the properties?

I hope this makes sense, i can expand if necessary. The form in question is the Survey Sample Form from Sue Mosher's site. I hope its ok to ask this question here [img]/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Thanks,

pmatz

Thanks

Re: Survey Form (XP)

Are the two of you both inside the same Exchange Server environment? From the limited documentation I've read, it seems forms were designed to be put in a public folder, so while they can be attached to a message, I think there's no guarantee they will work that way.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Survey Form (XP)

NO guarantee at all (lol)

Well, the whole idea of sending a from definition is to send a custom form to another user outside the environment so they can view the item through the form, the only thing is I found out that the email security stops any code associated with the form from executing -makes sense I guess, malicious code and all that!

So, the best thing to do is to save the custom form as a template (.oft) and attach it. This will keep the code.

For users in the same environment the custom form can be posted to a shared folder and the items can be viewed through that form no problem.

or something like that!
    Thanks,

pmatz