Star Lounger
    Thanks

Topics with scores (Office 97)

Hey, New challenge for me. I have a list of 45 topics. Individuals are to pick out 10 of the topics and score them 1-10. Have the database built but want to query all responses with the different scores. Example, I want to query all topics with #1 responses. I might not have my database set up correct. Any help or guidence will be great.
    Big Guy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Topics with scores (Office 97)

This is rather broad. You will have to provide more detail than this, or attach a stripped down copy of your database.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, attached is a copy of my database. Columns 1-10 are individuals that submitted a score for the list of topics. I want to query all topics that received a score of 1 from any individual. Thanks
    Big Guy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You wrote that you're not sure about the setup. I would recommend a different structure:
    - tbl_Topics only lists the available topics; I have added a unique ID (AutoNumber).
    - tbl_Respondents lists the persons who responded; I only included a unique ID and a name, but it could hold other info.
    - tbl_Responses lists the scores. There is a separate record for each response from each respondent.
    Open the Relationships window to see how the tables are linked together.

(I used some code in the module basUtil to transfer the scores from the original tbl_Topics to tbl_Responses)

I created a crosstab query that lists the frequency of scores for the topics, and another query to include all topics, not only those with responses.

The zipped result is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files