Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Producer & other new add-ins (2003)

There has been a minor upgrade to Microsoft Producer for Powerpoint. This update improves the clarity of content encoded with the Windows Media Video 9 Screen codec in Producer 2003. If you do not use Producer 2003 for screen capture, there is no need to download the updated version of Producer 2003. For details of an update to the codec see MSKB 837171

There have also been a couple of new add-ins released in the last couple of months:
    Data assistant provides an easy-to-use method of inserting and managing graphical data objects such as Microsoft Office Visio drawings, Microsoft Office Excel charts, and named ranges into PowerPoint presentations.
    Template creation wizard gives you the ability to create your own Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 design templates incorporating custom backgrounds.

3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Producer & other new add-ins (2003)

do you happen to know where I can get the low down on Producer for Power point - have looked at the MS website and it seems to be quite useful but would rather hear from someone who has actually used it

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Karen,

The only resources I have used have been from Microsoft. These are the ones I have used are:
    Producer 2003 product info
    Using Microsoft Producer: A Guide for Educators
    Office Online publications for Powerpoint has some documents for using Producer.

I have not used it enough to be able to offer a proper evaluation, there are still quite a few features that I have barely used or not used at all.

3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Thanks Tony - I will check out those links