Star Lounger
    Thanks

Grammar check on protected form (Word 2002)

Hi. The classic Spellcheck macro for a protected form does not also perform a grammar check on the formfield content. I'm tyring to provide a separate grammarcheck button along with the spellcheck button I've created - but I have not been successful in converting the Spellcheck macro for a protected form to a Grammarcheck macro for a protected form. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Grammar check on protected form (Word 2002)

Are you using the one from Microsoft (WD2000: How to Retain Information Typed into a Form Field When You Protect a Form)? ActiveDocument.CheckGrammar will perform a spelling and grammar check.

There is a much more complete version at How to enable the spellchecker in a protected document on the Word MVP site. It checks spelling section by section in a protected document. This code can be adapted to check grammar only, since SomeRange.CheckGrammar does not include a spellcheck.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Grammar check on protected form (Word 2002)

Hi. I used the MVP macro. It doesn't include a Grammar check in the Spellcheck, or at least the Grammar check doesn't work. I would prefer it all to happen with the use of the one Spellcheck button, but if I have to use separate buttons to check the Spelling and another one to check the Grammar, I can deal with that. However, I have not been successful in rewriting this MVP macro to get it to perform a Grammar check. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks.