New Lounger
    Thanks

Edit ODBC external data source (2002/2000)

A long time ago, I found in the Microsoft knowledgebase an article containing a VBA macro that let a user edit the ODBC data source information stored in a PivotTable in Excel. (I think it was Excel 2000 or 2002.) Now, that article can no longer be found, and what I need is a little different anyway.

Instead of using PivotTables, I have many users who have used the External Data command in Excel to get data from an ODBC data source. (None of them has saved the Microsoft Query as a .dqy file, or specified the ODBC data source as a .dsn file.) That ODBC data source is now gone (as of this weekend), and its replacement has a different ODBC data source name. (And no, I cannot change the new name to the old one, or redefine the old name to point to the new source.)

Can an expert please tell me what command or macro can be used to edit the external data reference to the old ODBC data source name? I have a vague recollection that there was a menu item to do this in Excel 97, but it vanished in Excel 2000, when it became necessary to create a macro to do this change. I desparately need that macro, and fast too? Can anyone help? Please? Sande

Thanks

Re: Edit ODBC external data source (2002/2000)

Do the responses in the thread strarting in <post#=345360>post 345360</post#> help at all?

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you. Though I searched and searched before I posted my question, I didn't manage to find that thread. I think it has the answers I need. Sande

Thanks

If it doesn't have the answers, please post back and we can try to help some more.

Steve