3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Export Mail Accounts (Outlook 2003)

Hi,

I've built a new PC and I would like to export my mail account settings (not the mail & contacts, I just copy the whole file across, the actual mail account settings) but I can't do it (apparently) without use of a special utility such as BackRex however there has appeared to be some mention of files and/or registry keys that contain the data. I could do it all manually but I'd really rather not since I have about 20 mail accounts to enter. I'm entirely comfortable with editing the registry but not sure exactly what to copy so any help most gratefully appreciated :-)

James

Thanks

Re: Export Mail Accounts (Outlook 2003)

From nosing around, it appears that on Windows NT, 2000, and XP systems, the account settings, including the complete profile information (names and locations of PST files) are stored under the following key:

<code>HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersion
    Windows Messaging SubsystemProfilesOutlook</code>

(If you renamed your profile, or have additional profiles, that last key will vary.)

I can't figure out what most of this stuff is, but the 9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676 key stores the username/server information under several subkeys. All very interesting and somewhat inscrutable without any documentation. Note that there also is a "Protected Storage Subsystem" that stores passwords, so that information might not come across from just this area. Back up well!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Job Done!!

Hi Jscher,

It was indeed that key and it transfereed everything across except passwords which, since all hang off a master account with my ISP, was no issue as they all have the same PW so cut & paste makes it easy.

Anyway ... thanks for your help, JOB DONE :-)

James