New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with table (Word 2000)

Hi

I am working on a long document, where every page needs to be split into three columns and the centre column is essentially my page (left and right columns are for display aspects). To achive this I thought I could create a table which is fine BUT:

The table is set so that it does not auto re-size. When I reach the end of that column, the text doesn't flow over on to the next page (or into the next column from what I can see) it just keeps going off of the page. If I bring the cursor to the end of the centre column and press delete, the text comes back, so I know it's there.

I suspect this is a lack of basic understanding on my part but does anyone have any ideas how I can get around this?

Many thanks!

Claire

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem with table (Word 2000)

Hi Claire,

Try this:
    - Click anywhere in the table.
    - Select Table | Select | Table.
    - Select Table | Table Properties.
    - Activate the Row tab.
    - Make sure that the check box labeled "Allow row to break across pages" is ticked (and not grey).
    - Click OK.

Note: in a table, text will not flow automatically from one cell to another. However, a cell can span more than one page, if the above setting is ticked.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem with table (Word 2000)

Hans

Thanks for such a fast response - it was exactly as you said, problem fixed!

:-)

Claire