New Lounger
    Thanks

Pages randomly close (Windows XP Home)

This is a random problem that just started happening with no reason. Completely random websites, whether they be professional or home-made pages when I click on the links to go to the website it completely closes out of Internet Explorer.

Thanks

Re: Pages randomly close (Windows XP Home)

A couple of thoughts:
    1. <LI>Do you use a "pop-up blocker"? Some pop-up blockers watch for new windows being created and then close them. It's not an exact science, so maybe the blocker is malfunctioning? Try turning it off, opening your History bar, and "re-surfing" the last few sites in the same order and see if the problem recurs.

<LI>Do you have an up-to-date Java Runtime Engine installed? Check out this current thread for more information on Java.
    If that checks out, perhaps there is some clue we could get from knowing the sites that cause the problem. Could you post a couple of URLs?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Are you running any/all of the software mentioned in <!post=this Star Post,296439>this Star Post<!/post>? If not, see whether working with that software removes your problem. HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

The problem was "Popup Stopper," I disabled it and a page known to close every time i loaded - loaded. Then I enabled Popup Stopper and it closed. Thank you.