2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Changing Zoom (2000)

When I edit a text box, the zoom of the text changes. The font size doesn't change and the zoom on the entire document doesn't change, but the type in that particular text box appears smaller. To make sure, I checked other text boxes, and they had the text zoom that I wanted. I couldn't find anything in the menus or Help to help me restore the text zoom.

Thanks,
    Bob

Thanks

Re: Changing Zoom (2000)

I don't have PowerPoint 2000 handy, but I thought that the "zoom" setting (meaning the view, not the animation kind of zoom) was for the whole slide and not for any particular object. I do remember a nasty feature that would resize text automatically to fit inside a placeholder. In PowerPoint 2002, that can be turned off under Tools>AutoCorrect Options...>AutoFormat As You Type (tab), in the middle section. Does this help???

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changing Zoom (2000)

That resize text feature that you mention sounds like the problem I have. I ended up resolving things by rebuilding the slide from another slide. Your advice is similar to advice I saw elsewhere--I checked my settings (in P2000, it's Tools > Options > Edit tab) and the Autoformat as you type option was checked. That might have been the problem.

Thanks,
    Bob