2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Fonts in Copy and Paste Picture (Excel 2002)

I often copy a section of spreadsheet and paste into other applications, such as Outlook. Problem is when there are different font types in the same cell or when there are symbols, they become strange characters even though I use Paste Speical > Picture. Can anyone tell me a solution ?

Thanks

Re: Fonts in Copy and Paste Picture (Excel 2002)

Could you elavorate on the problem: what for example, is in the range you are copying? Is it only outlook or other applications? Are you just copying cells or are you copying pictures?

I have XL97 but not Outlook (so this isn't a "complete test"), but I can put different fonts in a cell, copy from excel and paste to word, powerpoint as a picture without any problems or changes in the fonts.

I did notice if I copied a cell with different fonts and pasted as a picture into excel, when I selected the range that contained the "picture of the cell" that when pasted in powerpoint (not in WORD) that the font in the "picture of the picture" was not correct.

But If I copied a cell with different fonts and pasted as a Bitmap into excel, when I selected the range that contained the "picture of the cell" that when pasted either in powerpoint or in WORD that the font in the "picture of the picture" was correct.

I am not sure why the picture of the picture acts differently than just the picture of cells.

Steve