Thread: Toolbars (2002)

2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Toolbars (2002)

I am having some challenges with toolbars. I created a toolbar in a template to run some formatting and go to bookmark macros. When I open the template, I get the toolbars as created (sometimes the macros get lost - thats another story). When I attach the template via Tools-Templates and Addins, the toolbars seem to be altered (revert to an old version - not as many buttons as in template). I have made sure I have the appropriate toolbar selected by doing the View-Toolbars-<select> thingy.

So can anybody help me with my two problems: macros getting lost, buttons going missing or appropriate toolbar not visible.

Appreciate any feedback!

Thanks

Re: Toolbars (2002)

Word merges together the toolbars appropriate for the currently active document. These include any toolbars in the document, its attached template, Normal.dot, and global templates (add-ins). As you switch around, the toolbars change to reflect the current context (or "scope"). This might explain some of the problems, but perhaps not all of them.

When you attach a (new) template to a document, the changes should appear quickly and should stick. But maybe there is a strange interaction here. I've read that the Acrobat toolbar can cause strange things to happen. What else do you have installed that might be tweaking your toolbars?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Toolbars (2002)

I've thought of another possibility, depending upon how you're loading your toolbars. If you have an AutoOpen macro that loads your toolbar, then presumably it loads the correct one. However, if you have more than one version of the toolbar with the same name & you attach the template, you might be choosing an old version of the toolbar...or even one from another template. Rather than go to View/Toolbars & selecting the toolbar, go to Tools/Customize/Toolbars tab & put a checkmark next to the correct toolbar. In fact, that might tell you if you have more than one toolbar with the same name. Sometimes, if you have too many toolbars, they won't all show up on the shortcut menu.
    Hope this helps,