3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Landscape and Portrait (PowerPiont XP)

In the show I am putting together, I need to mix portrait and landscape slides. The only way I have found to do this is with hyperlinks to another show. When I click on the hyperlink the first thing that happens is I get a confirmation pop-up to confirm I want to open. Second, I can only link to a whole show.

Is this just the way it is and if I want to have various links throughout my primary show I will have to save each link as a separate show? Is there anything I can do about the prompts?

Thanks

Re: Landscape and Portrait (PowerPiont XP)

The only way I have found to do this is with hyperlinks to another show
    Yes, as far as I know.

I believe the confirmation pop-up is a switch, but I'm not sure where to turn it off.
    You can link to a specific slide in a file, first link to the file and then use the Bookmark button to locate the specific slide within the file you are interested in.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Landscape and Portrait (PowerPiont XP)

I don't have PPT XP on this system to check, but I think that if you use an action setting (right-click, choose action setting, then hyperlink in that dialog) to make your hyperlink, you won't get the warning popup when you click the link. I know this warning always pops up in PPT 2003 and in the PPT 2003 Viewer, but I can't remember for sure about PPT 2002 (aka PPT XP).

As WebGenii explained, you can use a "bookmark" to go to a specific slide in a presentation. When you add the hyperlink via Action Settings, choose "other presentation." Select your PPT/PPS file, and a box should pop up with a list of slides in that presentation for you to select from.

If you're using just the "hyperlink" option to add the link (right-click, choose hyperlink), select the presentation in the navigation area, then append the file path with #<whatever slide number you want to go to>. For instance, that path might look like this: C:test.ppt#14 to go directly to slide 14 in the Test.PPT file on the C drive.