2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

2004 Advisor Technical Conference (Access97-XP)

Has anyone attended or will be attending the Access/VB/SQL - Advisor Live Annual Technical Conference? I plan on attending this year in Vegas but have never done one before. I guess the biggest qestion is: How useful is the information you get from these conferences... or is it more of a networking opportunity? In my companies situation... All of our DB's that were made in 97, need to be upgraded/resdesigned in some cases for use in our new XP environment. And I am the Access person in my company. So it would follow that my duty will be to make all changes to our current DB's. I'm not sure that a technical conference would be worth it for me... unless there is focus on the "how-to" aspect of migration to a new environment. Any comments will be well received. Have a great day everyone...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: 2004 Advisor Technical Conference (Access97-XP)

I think you would find it of substantial value - and there is an upcoming tool from Microsoft that should be available by then that would be of considerable value. You can read a bit about it at [url]http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/journ/accessconvert.htm[/ur]. Also, based on my experience, the networking opportunity with your peers is well worth the time spent. There should be discussion of the new Conversion tool as well at that conference.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The Advisor conferences are generally excellent, and I recommend you go over their material and plan the sessions you will attend carefully to get the most benefit. It's a good networking opportunity as well, but the information you get is the real prize and the opportunity to ask questions is invaluable.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Charolette and Wendell... I appreciate the input... I look forward to attending...