New Lounger
    Thanks

Advance Slide Thumbnails During Show (XP)

If I'm running a show to a projector using the method of extending my screen to a second monitor, the show appears on the projected screen, but my view on my laptop screen stays in slide view with the slide thumbnails along the left hand side. That's great except that when I advance my show past my current view of slide thumbnails, my screen view does not advance to keep up with it. (Does that make sense?). So, if I'm looking at slide view with slide thumbnails that show the first, say, 8 slides on the left, and broadcasting my show to a projector and I get to slide 9, I can't see where I'm at unless I grab my mouse and scroll down. Then, I've got to remember to click on the show icon in my taskbar in order to get back to advancing the slides. It seems to me there should be a way for those slide thumbnails to move along as you move through your show. Is there some setting that will allow me to do that?

Thanks

Re: Advance Slide Thumbnails During Show (XP)

I've never tried PowerPoint 2002's "Presenter View," but it sounds tailor made for what you're trying to do. Does it work on your setup?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You're using Presenter View, right? I don't believe there's any way to customize it, which seems to be what you need.

Chirag's Power Show or Paul I's PPCwin might help.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Not sure what Presenter View is...is that included with PowerPoint XP or is it a new feature of the next version of PPT?

I go to 'Set Up Show" and choose to run off the secondary monitor. Then when I click Slideshow view, a new icon appears in my taskbar for the show, but otherwise my screen stays the same. The show is projected, but to change my view of the slide thumbnails, I have to "leave" the show to click on my original instance of PowerPoint to scroll down or whatever, then I have to click on the "Show" icon in the taskbar to return to the show.

I'd like to know what this "Presenter View" is, as it sounds like it may be what I'm looking for (unless it's not available under PowerPoint XP).

Thanks

In PowerPoint 2002 (Office XP), Presenter View is selected under Slide Show>Set up show (see attached).

New Lounger
    Thanks

Awesome! That is exactly what I need...never knew it was there. Thanks so much for your help!