2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Creating a calendar from existing data (Excel 2002)

I have a spreadsheet that tracks information about events. It's quite simple with 3 columns so far: Date, Event Name, Details. I plan on storing monthly event information on different worksheets in the same workbook (one worksheet per month). Is there a way to take this information and display it on a different worksheet in a calendar format? i.e. displaying the information in a grid format like a regular calendar?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating a calendar from existing data (Excel 2002)

See if the threads starting at <post#=333391>post 333391</post#> and <post#=206624>post 206624</post#> get you started.

Thanks

Re: Creating a calendar from existing data (Excel 2002)

I don't know what all you are doing, but in addition to the posts mentioned by Hans, I would recommend keeping everything on one sheet and just make a "calendar" sheet as a separate sheet. This calandar could be made to "grab" the appropriate items from the "database" and put them into the cell.

Having everything on one sheet is better for summarizing, using filters, pivot tables etc.

I am not a big proponent of keeping identically formatted sheets in a workbook. I always recommend combining them into 1.

Steve