Star Lounger
    Thanks

Filling the intersection in Venn diagram (2002/xp)

I am trying to fill the the intersection of three circles in a VENN diagram. Is this possible without drawing a separate shape over the intersection and then filling that one. I would be happy if I could make the VENN look like the VENN that is on the VENN button (gray circles with white color where all 3 circles intersect) in the diagram gallery dialog box. I can get all three circles gray but can't find how to get the intersection white, or any other color for that matter.

Thanks,
    Steve

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Filling the intersection in Venn diagram (2002/xp)

As far as I know, there is no style for Venn diagrams in which the intersection can be colored independently. It is not a separate object; a Venn diagram consists only of overlapping circles. So you'll have to draw a separate shape over the intersection, I'm afraid.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. It is ashame that PPT shows an illustration of the diagram that can't be replicated easily.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Here is a far out idea for you.
    What if you made the Venn diagram in Visio and moved it into the Powerpoint presentation. Visio can make the Venn Diagram a lot better then Powerpoint ever could. I have attached an example.
    There are 2 files in the zip the Visio file I used to create the Venn diagrams and the Powerpoint slide which I cut and pasted the Venn diagrams into. You will not be able to modify the diagrams after they are placed into the powerpoint presentation but this should get the job done quickly...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, I hope that steved can use it. I don't have Visio myself.

BTW, you can ungroup the Venn diagram in the PowerPoint presentation to edit the colors and borders of the individual parts, then group it again.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Here is a screen shot of the different coltrols Visio gived you in dealing with different shapes