Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Contacts Error Message (O 2002)

A friend is having trouble with using her contact list for addresses when sending mail. When she opens a new message and clicks on the TO box she gets an error message stating that the Contacts folder associated with the address book could not be opened ....

Upon acknowledging the error message a "Select Names" dialog box opens with a drop-down list in the upper right corner with "Contacts" as the default. The drop-down list contains the following entries indented under "Outlook Address Book":

1. Contacts
    2. Family
    3. Contacts
    4. Old Contacts
    5. Contacts

In attempting to clear her problem I believe I created entries 4 and 5. Entry 1, when selected, causes the above error message. Entries 3 and 5 open up the TO list in a normal fashion. Entry 4 is a copy of entry 1 and therefore causes the error message.

I would like to delete Entries 1, 2, and 4, as they cause the problem and entry 5 as is it a duplicate of 3. However, there seems to be no way to delete these from the drop-down list in the "Select Names" dialog box. Further, I found that you cannot delete the "Contacts" folder listed under Personal Folders.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the "bad" Contacts folder and replace it with the "good" one? This one has me really baffled.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contacts Error Message (O 2002)

Does this <post#=392230>post 392230</post#> help?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contacts Error Message (O 2002)

Thanks John, that looks Exactly like the answer. I have advised my friend to try it.