Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Really need help (Access 2000)

I don't have a solution for your problem, but you should take the line

Forms![frm_Center].AllowEdits = True

out of the For ... Next loop - it is very inefficient to set AllowEdits to True multiple times. The same goes for the similar line in the other For ... Next loop.

I would replace

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdUndo

by

Me.Undo

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Really need help (Access 2000)

I posted this last month and received a response. Some folks suggested it was because the form may have a graphic on it or it's possibly that the form was created through the wizard. I've redone my form several times now and followed the instruction (even the one from Microsoft ACC2000: "There Isn't Enough Free Memory" Error When Working with a Form) I received but I'm still getting this problem. If any one else can help with this I would really apprecaite it. Thanks..

I use the code below on the before update event of a pop-up form. I use an ID field to link this data (in the pop-up's underlying table) to my main data table. The problem is when the users says No and closes the pop-up form to return to the still open main form they receive an error message saying: "There isn't enough free memory to update the display. Close uneeded programs and try again." Now all of my users on different PC's receive this error. They have no other programs open. I checked the memory meter and there is no change in the available memory. Any thoughts? Really stumped here. Thanks..

Dim strMsg As String
    strMsg = "Data has Changed."
    strMsg = strMsg & " Do you wish to save the changes or create new record?"
    strMsg = strMsg & " Click Yes to Save Record or No to Discard changes."
    If MsgBox(strMsg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, " Save/Create Record?") = vbYes Then
    Me.ModifiedBy = CurrentUser()
    Me.ModifiedDate = Date
    Else
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdUndo
    'DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, acUndo, , acMenuVer70
    End If

If Me.NewRecord Then
    For Each ctl In Me.Controls
    If ctl.ControlType = acTextBox Or ctl.ControlType = acComboBox Then 'Others include acLabel, acListBox, acComboBox, acCheckBox etc
    ctl.BackColor = 16777215
    Forms![frm_Center].AllowEdits = True
    End If
    Next
    Else
    For Each ctl In Me.Controls
    If ctl.ControlType = acTextBox Or ctl.ControlType = acComboBox Then
    ctl.BackColor = 12632256
    Forms![frm_Center].AllowEdits = False
    End If
    Next
    End If

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Really need help (Access 2000)

You don't indicate what Service Release of 2000 you are using - if it isn't at least SR-1A or later, you should install at least SR-1A. My suspicion is that you are getting a bogus error message from some problem other than the form you are working with - those kind of problems are always a challenge to debug. I think your best bet would be to post a stripped-down version of your database to this thread and one of us will try to help you debug it.
    Wendell