5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Comparing Pivot table results (Excel 2000)

I have two pivot tables, one from one source that is by branch within account. I have another pivot table from a different source. It, too, is by branch within account. They don't agree, of course. I have been entering vlookups on one table to go and get the account total from the other table, then take a difference. Then I have to go and within that listing do the same for each branch number. If I have to change the pivot table, the formulas become junk as lines change. Tedious. I could be faced with doing this hundreds of times over 20 entities. There must be a way that I can get Excel to handle this. Can an Array formula be designed to matchup these two tables? Or can another Pivot table be generated to do this? I am not sure, since each table has its own source. And Idon't know if an array can go to another tab and do a complex lookup of branch-within account. Thank you.

Thanks

Re: Comparing Pivot table results (Excel 2000)

Could you elaborate on your setup and your goals.? I have some idea of what you want, though it is not completely clear. What is the issue:

The pivot tables change size?
    You want to compare multiple pivot tables?
    Something else.

Do you need to compare the source data to each other?

Steve

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Comparing Pivot table results (Excel 2000)

As I see it I want to compare multiple pivot table results. Each produces its own account/branch/amount pivot table. But because they have two different sources, and problems ouccured in the importing years ago, they could be different. I have the two databases of info and I thought a PT would be the quickest way to summarize these into comparable account/branch levels we could understand and see the differences. So I have two summary tables and I'd like to match them up as automatically as possible, rather than have me do lookups. If I can get something set up in one, then I can just re-populate the tabs with the databases and generate most of the schedules needed to identify problem records.

I suppose this is a way of comparing source data with each other. I was looking at an Access report earlier, and might still go that way. I have a number of companies that need this done, so I hope to develop a model in either Access or Excel to show me where these differences are. And produce legible reports for audit.
    Thanks for your thoughts