Lounger
    Thanks

Converting large Word documents to PDF (XP/Acrobat 6.0)

I have a 240 page word document that contains a 3-column table (an output from a DOORS database). Some of the rows have heading styles so we can generate a TOC. When converting this document (with links) to PDF it takes 4 hours. Would be interested to learn if other people have had a similar experience and if there are any hints to reduce the conversion time.

Also, (and not related to the above document) when converting my Word documents to PDF I like to be able to view the track changes in the PDF version but since upgrading to 6.0 I have lost this functionality and I cannot find a setting to retain the track changes during conversion.

Cheers

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Converting large Word documents to PDF (XP/Acrobat 6.0)

You may want to give GhostWord a shot (http://www.et.dtu.dk/Software/GhostWord/Index.html). It takes a bit of work to set up, but I converted a 1200-page long 3-column table, including bookmarks and hyperlinks, in less than 15 minutes. If you'd like, email me privately and I can see how long it takes on your specific document.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Converting large Word documents to PDF (XP/Acrobat 6.0)

Andrew. thanks very much for the GhostWord info. As the document in question is a sensitve one it cannot be emailed. But my IT Dept are going to check out the product and help me test it out.
    Cheers
    Renyne