Super Moderator
    Thanks

Appearance on Win XP (Access 2003 (2000 format))

I use Windows Classic Appearance for Windows and Buttons.

Command buttons are Grey, and when I set the Back Styles property of a tab control to Transparent, I see the colour of the Details section of the form through the tab control. In fact if I set the Style of the Tab control to None, the tab control effectively disappears.

When I view this same form on a machine with the Windows XP appearance for Windows and Buttons , the Tab control is White and the Buttons are White with rounded corners.

Is there aything I can do about this other than to change the display properties?
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Appearance on Win XP (Access 2003 (2000 format))

John,

There seems to be a bug in Access 2003 - it does not work well with the Windows XP theme (isn't it great!)
    - Transparency of tab controls is not respected.
    - Moving the mouse some controls in a tab control may cause them, or other controls, to flicker.
    - Triple-state check boxes are not displayed correctly.

See for example this newsgroup item.

One suggestion I found was to turn off 'Use Windows Themed Controls on Forms' in the Forms/Reports tab of Tools | Options, but this doesn't seem to work for some users.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Appearance on Win XP (Access 2003 (2000 format

Thanks Hans

I had forgotten about turning off 'Use Windows Themed Controls on Forms' , although I did find this and experiment with it some time ago.

It certainly solves the problem on my machine. I will see how it goes on others.

John
    Regards
    John