Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mirror mail setup (6.00.2800.1123)

Hi guys n gals

I have 2 computers, both on ADSL via a Billion router. One runs XP Home, the other XP Pro.

Is it possible to set up Outlook Express so that whenever mail is downloaded on one computer it is also downloaded on the other, and whenever mail is sent on one it also appears in the Sent folder of the other?

How about when one computer is on and the other is off - can some sort of sharing be set up whereby the content of mail programs on each computer can be made identical? That is, as soon as the one that was "off" is switched on, can the contents of OE of the always "on" computer be transferred to the OE program of the computer that was just switched on?

Apologies for my clumsy articulation - terminologically challenged, I'm afraid.

Cheers

Ross

Thanks

Re: Mirror mail setup (6.00.2800.1123)

You had a similar thread a few months ago, here. Did any of that help?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mirror mail setup (6.00.2800.1123)

Hi Jefferson

Yes, your advice did help, thank you. The reason I posted again was that I thought I may have over-complicated my query in the way I expressed it before, and I have received advice in the meantime that things can be set up automatically using Message Rules. The source of this advice clammed up when I asked for details, and I can't work out from looking through Message Rules how I can set things up any better, so thought it worth another try on The Lounge. On review, think it likely that your advice is as good as it gets.

Cheers